Full membership in the OSU Retirement Association is open to all retirees from Oregon State University for a yearly fee of $20.00 for an individual and $30 for a household memberships (spouses and partners are considered part of a household membership). All memberships begin on July 1 and run through June 30. Wondering if you are a member, see lists to your right.
Why you should become a member of OSURA?
- Develop and support programs of interest to retirees
- Enhance the lifelong relationship of OSU staff with each other and the University
- Enjoy social connections with former colleagues and new OSURA friends
- Hear presentations on academic research, civic matters and cultural events
- Help make retirement creative and rewarding through activities and/or volunteering
- Receive information pertinent to OSU and state retirees
- Strengthen and promote ties between retired staff in creative ways
- Support OSURA advocacy for OSU retiree privileges (parking, email, other)
- Support OSURA monitoring of state government retiree benefits
- Take part in educational outings and interest groups
Since the OSURA’s inception, members have had an opportunity to tour several university departments and areas of interest, join others in social events, attend presentations, and share their time and talents through volunteering at OSU. Examples of past activities:
Tours: Sports Performance Center, College of Education, Digital Music Lab, Hatfield Marine Science Center, Kelley Engineering Center, O.H. Hinsdale Wave Res Lab, The Bone Research Lab, The Clark Meat Center, The Linus Pauling Institute, The OSU Radiation Center, The University Theatre, Valley Gymnastics Center, Veterinary Medicine and Weatherford Hall
Social: Gatherings proceeding Athletic Events, University Theater plays, Annual Golf Tournament and Party at Trysting Tree Golf Course
Presentations: Informational presentations to help those contemplating retirement; the PERS Financial Status; Identify Theft; and Estate Planning.
Volunteering: OSU Move-In Day, President's Welcome Barbeque, Fall Term Campus Orientation Greeters/Guides, Career Fair Greeters, Graduate Student Conference, OSU Honors College Thesis Fair, Student Appreciation Day, Career Services - Practice Interviews
Scholarship: In addition to member services, OSURA also provides scholarships to undergraduate students seeking a career that supports healthy aging. The $1,000 scholarship is aimed at currently enrolled undergraduate students who have completed at least one academic year at OSU.
As a member you would be entitled to:
- Annual Retiree Directory
- Email correspondence about upcoming events or volunteer opportunities
- Receive two issues a year of the OSURA News & Views newsletter
- Terra, the OSU Research Magazine