- About the SSI
- Student Sustainabilty Center
- Our Work
- Get Involved
- Contact Us
The OSU Student Sustainability Initiative (SSI) is a student-fee funded, student-led program in the Department of Student Leadership & Involvement. Our mission is to advance student efforts to create a culture of sustainability at OSU through action, education, and opportunity. All SSI are responsible for furthering the SSI’s mission in the following ways: 1) model student leadership for sustainability; 2) educate OSU students about environmental, social, economic sustainability and offer resources to make a difference; 3) encourage and support students pursuing their own vision of sustainability on campus; and 4) advocate for action at the institutional level for sustainable infrastructure and policies.
The Media Coordinator is a member of the SSI Marketing Team. This team includes the Design, Media, and Outreach Coordinators, and is tasked with publicizing the SSI and its activities. Of that work, this position is responsible for promoting the SSI through digital, print, and in-person visibility and outreach efforts.
● An understanding of, and passion for, sustainability
● Detail oriented
● Problem solving skills
● Strong communication skills
● Experience working with diverse groups of people
● Ability to work individually and as part of a team
● Great people skills
● Experience working with volunteers or interns
● Online visibility experience: web, social media, etc.
● Demonstrated writing ability
● Demonstrated inclination to take initiative
● Experience doing advertising, marketing, or outreach for projects or organizations
● Knowledge of the SSI, its history, and its activities
● Experience coordinating an advertising, outreach, or marketing campaign
● Experience coordinating volunteers, interns, or staff
● Experience working with the media (press release, letters to the editor, etc.)
● Demonstrated leadership abilities
● Experience with Drupal
● Web design experience: PHP, HTML, etc.
● Design, photography, or multimedia experience
● Knowledge of visibility opportunities and tactics at OSU
● Awareness of, and connections to, campus and community sustainability groups
Staff transition training will begin around May 5th, 2014 and run approximately 10 hours during the spring term. Summer hours may be available. All-staff training is required and runs from approximately September 10th-26th, 2014. Staff work from 10-15 hours per week during the academic year.
Please send a resume and cover letter as a single PDF titled SSI application [your last name] to Olivia Poblacion, SSI Director at SSI.email@example.com. Your cover letter should state which position you are applying for and detail your relevant experience. Applications are due by April 18, 2014 at 5 pm.