- About the SSI
- Student Sustainabilty Center
- Our Work
- Get Involved
- Contact Us
The OSU Student Sustainability Initiative (SSI) is a student-fee funded, student-led program in the Department of Student Leadership & Involvement. Our mission is to advance student efforts to create a culture of sustainability at OSU through action, education, and opportunity. All SSI are responsible for furthering the SSI’s mission in the following ways: 1) model student leadership for sustainability; 2) educate OSU students about environmental, social, economic sustainability and offer resources to make a difference; 3) encourage and support students pursuing their own vision of sustainability on campus; and 4) advocate for action at the institutional level for sustainable infrastructure and policies.
● An understanding of, and passion for, sustainability
● Detail oriented
● Problem solving skills
● Strong communication and public speaking skills
● Experience working with diverse groups of people
● Ability to work individually and as part of a team
● Experience working with volunteers or interns
● Demonstrated inclination to take initiative
● Experience doing advertising, marketing, or outreach for projects or organizations
● Knowledge of the SSI, its history, and its activities
● Experience coordinating an advertising, outreach, or marketing campaign
● Experience coordinating volunteers, interns, or staff
● Demonstrated leadership abilities
● Experience planning events at OSU and/or knowledge of OSU event planning resources and policies
Staff transition training will begin approximately May 5th, 2014 and run approximately 10 hours during the spring term. Summer hours may be available. All-staff training is required and runs from approximately September 10th-26th, 2014. The Events and Outreach Coordinator works from 10-15 hours per week during the academic year.
Please send a resume and cover letter as a single PDF titled SSI application [your last name] to Olivia Poblacion, SSI Director at SSI.firstname.lastname@example.org. Your cover letter should state which position you are applying for and detail your relevant experience. Applications are due by April 18, 2014 at 5 pm.